Aquaponics 'A' Unit Restart January 2016

Over the school holidays, Paige, Myles, Amelia and Ms Fitzsimmons emptied and stripped the 'A' unit. We removed all the plant roots from the clay bead beds. Then we cleaned the auto siphons, fish and sump tanks and then refilled the unit with clean water. The system is now circulating once more and we have purchased five goldfish and will monitor the unit's progress. Our fingers are crossed that the learning curves we experienced during 2015 are behind us.

A1-bed-cleaning-24.1.16-opt.jpg

Bed Cleaning

Refilling-the-fish-tank-in-A-Unit-opt.jpg

Refilling-the-fish-tank-in-A-Unit

A3 bed Amelia Myles Paige O S. 31.1.16 2 opt